Meredith College faculty and staff have the ability to create appointment slots on any of their Google Calendars which allows them to set a block of available time for appointments and have others automatically reserve slots within that time block. This works perfectly for allowing students to make advising appointments, reserve time during faculty office hours, etc. The appointment slots feature also keeps track of when a user reserves a time block so two people can’t reserve the same time.
Follow the steps below to get started.
Set up and Share Appointment Slots
- Using your Meredith Google account on a computer, open Google Calendar.
- Make sure that you’re in Week view or any Day view.
- Click anywhere in the calendar. In the event box that pops up, click Appointment slots.
- If you want to create your appointment slot on another calendar, at the bottom next to your name, click the Down arrow and select the calendar.
- Enter the details, including a title, the number of slots, the duration of each appointment, and pick the calendar where you want the event to show up.
- If you want to add more details to your appointment slot, click More options and add your information.
- Click SAVE.
Invite Others to Book Appointments
After setting up appointment slots, you can invite people to book appointments. To invite people to book appointments, don’t invite them to the appointment slot. Instead, get a link to send them for your appointment slots page:
- Click your appointment and then click Edit event.
- Click This calendar’s appointment page.
- Copy and paste the calendar’s appointment page link from your browser.
- Send this link to people who want to book an appointment.
How Appointment Blocks Show On A Calendar
An appointment block shows as a single event on your calendar, with a grid symbol in the top-left corner. As people book appointments, they’ll appear as regular events overlapping the appointment block.
How Users Make and Manage Appointments
- Visit the link for the appointment page. You may get this in an email, or in a calendar that’s been shared with you. Find and click the link for the appointment page.
- On the appointment page, look for an available appointment button and click > Save.
- Note: If no appointments are shown on the page, use the navigation links to scroll to future days on the calendar.
- To cancel your appointment, go to your calendar and change the status of your response.
For additional help in setting up appointment slots, visit Google’s support page or contact the IDAT team.