Instructional Design & Academic Technology Services
The Instructional Design and Academic Technology team provides services, in direct support of the teaching and learning experience at Meredith College, through the practical application of instructional technologies and instructional design methods.
These services include instructional design and instructional technology consultations, administrative support, and training for the use of the college’s Learning Management System and development support and training for MyMeredith, the college portal.
In addition, the team offers training and workshop opportunities for faculty and staff on a myriad of college-supported technology and campus-wide technology initiatives.
Our on staff Instructional Designers Stacy Muse and Paul Keys are available to assist you in improving pedagogy and course design – which will also establish more efficient strategies for you and success for your students.
- Face-to-face course development & review
- Brightspace course review & redesign
- Student engagement methods
- Assessment methods
- Secure assessment
- Grade center development
- Rubric development
- ePortfolio development/integration
- Video/multimedia production
- Student-created video assignments
- Instructional videos
- Instructional Technology review for courses
- Faculty & Staff development workshops
IDAT provides support and training on instructor and staff use of these campus software. We offer this through live workshops, department trainings, and one-on-one consults. Contact our team to schedule any trainings for yourself or department.
- Brightspace LMS
- MyMeredith – Campus & Organizational Sites
- TechSmith Relay (lecture capture & video hosting)
- VoiceThread (multimedia with discussion/collaboration)
- LockDown Browser (test security)
- Turnitin (plagiarism/instructor feedback)
- Google Workspace (formerly G suite or Google apps)
- Zoom web conferencing
- Foxit PDF (creation, forms, accessibility)
Other Consultation Services
Form development through Foxit PDF, Formstack, or Google form. Creation of fillable forms, signature requirements, and accessibility.
Office productivity & workflow development. Assess you processes and workflows between available software and application to make your work more productive.
eLearning module development. Collaborate to build interactive eLearning solutions with Adobe Captivate and Articulate storyline.
Video production. Scripting, videography, editing, and studio space.