While not perfect, there is a way to print a quiz directly from Brightspace without using a third party tool, such as Respondus 4 back in the Blackboard days. For example, there are cases where you might wish to provide a student a paper copy of a quiz. If the printed result not optimal, stay tuned for next month’s blog on copying and pasting into to Word so you can editing or even save as PDF.
- Using Firefox browser is recommended.
- Make sure you set the quiz to show all the questions on the same page. Otherwise, only the questions displayed on the page you set up to print will print.
- This method will not work if you set up your quiz as a random section because it will only display one set of randomly selected questions.
Step 1: Preview the quiz
- Click on Quizzes link in the navbar to see the list of quizzes.
- Click from the drop-down action menu next to the quiz’s name you would like to print and select the Preview button.
- Action Menu: Preview Quiz
- Check the box for Bypass Restrictions.
- Click the Start Quiz! button.
- Click the OK button on the pop-up confirmation window.
Step 2: Printing the quiz
- If you use Firefox browser (recommended), right-click on the area that contains quiz questions and from the menu, choose This Frame and click on Print Frame.
If you use another browser, right-click on the quiz and click Print (or similar).
- Set the print settings as you like (Double sided, etc.), and then click the Print button. Your quiz questions may be printed on the same page or on several pages, depending on the length of your quiz.